The Craft Enrichment Program offers affordable community craft classes taught by craft artists with local and regional reputations. Most classes are held on the campus of Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. Whether you are a novice or an advanced student, our small, lively classes provide professional-level equipment and individual attention from instructors who are committed both as teachers and craft artists. Come and discover your artistic signature.
2015 Summer Craft Enrichment Schedule
- Registration for Summer classes begins at noon on May 1.
- Craft Enrichment classes are open to everyone. Affiliation with the university is not required.
- Classes are highly affordable.
- Parking passes are included in the registration fee for weekday classes. Free, convenient parking for evening and weekend classes is readily available.
- Materials for class projects are included in most registration fees.
- Participants in Craft Enrichment classes must be 16 years old or older.
Friday, May 1, 9 am -- 3 pm in Katherine Harper Hall
A Craft Enrichment class makes a GREAT gift
30 minutes of free parking in the River Street parking deck
New classes for Summer 2015
- Watercolor painting with JoAnn Pippin
- Make It, Take It, a new Craft Sampler concept that introduces participants to four different crafts in four weeks -- alcohol inks, stained glass, wire-wrapped jewelry, and slumped and fused glass
- Drawing landscapes, still lifes, animals and portraits with Marsha Holmes
Raku firing with Maggie Black
- Exploring Possibilities: Pouring vessels and more with potter Shane Mickey
Classes that weren't offered Spring semester but are back for Summer
- Beginning weaving with Regina Hartzell
- Beginning quilting with Sue Sweet
- Beginning and intermediate digital photography with Cheryl Zibisky
- Ceramic mosaics with Pam Brewer
- Basket making with Barbara Sox
- East Asian brush painting with Dawn Wicklow
- Stained glass with Valerie Somers
• FALL SESSION: August 1 at noon
• SPRING SESSION: December 1 at noon
• SUMMER SESSION: May 1 at noon
Registration will only be possible after these posted starting dates, even though class dates may be posted earlier. All class information is available on this website.
PLEASE NOTE: Most classes meet over multiple weeks. Registration for each class is open until the class fills or until three working days before the class begins, whichever comes first. If you miss the registration for this semester we hope you will consider taking this class the next time it is offered. Please contact Teri Reddick at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the mailing list if you would like to be notified when new classes are offered.
Director: Kathy Copley, email@example.com
Director Emeritus: Eric Reichard, firstname.lastname@example.org, 828-262-6360
If you experience problems completing the registration, contact Teri Reddick at 828-262-2530 or email Teri Reddick at email@example.com.
Copyright © 2003 Michael R. Patricelli Craft Enrichment Program